Assistant Professor of Economics
Ph.D. Economics, University of Maryland
M.Sc. Economics for Development, University of Oxford
B.A. Economics, Universidad de los Andes
- Sarzosa, M (2022). Victimization and Skill Accumulation: The Case of School Bullying. Journal of Human Resources, | Related Website |
- Castro-Zarzur, R. Espinoza, R. and Sarzosa, M. (2022). Unintended Consequences of Free College: Self-Selection into the Teaching Profession. Economics of Education Review., vol. 89 102260. | Related Website |
- Sarzosa, M. & Urzua, S (2021). Bullying Among Adolescents: The Role of Cognitive and Non-Cognitive Skills. Quantitative Economics, vol. 12 (3), 945-980. | Related Website |
- Rua, T., Sarzosa, M. & Urzua, S (2021). The Children of the Missed Pill. Journal of Health Economics, vol. 79 | Related Website |
- Acosta, P. & Muller, N. & Sarzosa, M (2020). Beyond qualifications: returns to cognitive and socio-emotional skills in Colombia. Revista de Economía del Rosario, vol. 23 (1), 109-148. | Related Website |
- Sarzosa, M. & Urzua, S (2016). Implementing Factor Models for Unobserved Heterogeneity in Stata. The Stata Journal, vol. 16 (1), 197-228. | Related Website |
- Saltiel S., M. Sarzosa & S. Urzua (2017). Cognitive and Socio-Emotional Abilities. Edward Elgar Publishing, Cheltenham, UK. 21-42.
- Banan, A., Santavirta, T. and Sarzosa, M. (2023). Childhood Gender Nonconformity and Gender Gaps in Life Outcomes. | Related Website |
- Sarzosa, M (2023). Sexual Orientation and Labor Market Disparities. | Related Website |
- Santavirta, T. and Sarzosa, M. (2023). Effects of Disruptive Peers in Endogenous Social Networks. | Related Website |
- Lo, M., Miyamoto, K. and Sarzosa, M. (2023). The Impact of Modernizing Koranic Schools on Cognitive and Socio-Emotional Development.
- Saltiel, F. and Sarzosa, M. (2023). Grade Retention and Multidimensional Skill Formation in Young Children. | Related Website |
- Espinosa, R., Sarzosa, M. & Urzua, S The Casual Effects of Skills: An international Study.
- Cunningham, W., M. Parra Torrado & M. Sarzosa Cognitive and Non-Cognitive Skills for the Peruvian Labor Market. | Related Website |
Bullying in School Hampers Skill Development, Healthy Adulthood
While some costs of bullying – school absenteeism, suicidal thoughts – have been documented, little research has been done on the two-way relationship between bullying and skill accumulation.
Full story: Bullying in School Hampers Skill Development, Healthy Adulthood
Office: KRAN 335
Area(s) of Expertise
Labor Economics, Latent Factor Models, Applied Econometrics, Cognitive Skills